Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rock Climbing = Stress Relief


Talk about random! I decided that I need to be more active, get some more exercise and meet new people…and I am so tired of the boring gym.

My solution: rock climbing!

I found an indoor wall 3 miles from my house, open in the evenings until late…and I couldn’t be happier. I was scared walking in. I didn’t know what I was walking in to. I didn’t call; I was just going to look around. Two minutes later I was in a harness going over safety with another girl who just randomly happened to be a newbie too. I couldn’t have picked a better time to show up.


We spent about an hour scaling three or four walls and trying to stay away from the big group of people on the difficult walls while we learned the ropes. I was glowing after the first wall, and still truly excited even on the last wall. I knew I had to take it easy though, if I didn’t I would wake up in a world of pain, so an hour was all I attempted, and I totaled maybe five short climbs.


And I am going back….very soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment