Wednesday, September 9, 2009

About Me

Why do I feel like Im writing a personals ad?

I am a 28 year old chick residing somewhere near Sacramento, California. I am brand-spanking-new to blogging. I have a full time gig that pays the bills, and I also go to graduate school in the evenings. My schedule is always busy, but not so busy that I can’t share my trials and tribulations with cyberspace. I have become addicted to finances after discovering the multitude of personal finance blogs out there. After filing bankruptcy four years ago I stayed away from credit cards and loans, but didn’t realize there was a whole other world of IRAs and High-Yield Savings Accounts. I think I jumped in too quickly back in October 2008, and I burnt out in June 2009. Now I’m ready to start all over again and hopefully this will make it a little more interesting.

I am in no way an expert in any subject I talk about. I have no background in finance. I attempt to be frugal, but it often backfires. I like to read and subscribe to many blogs and news feeds on personal finance, cooking, extreme frugality and dogs (I’m a huge dog lover, my dogs are my kids).

I am hoping the blog will:

Give me accountability – I can’t exactly lie. Well I could but how depressing would that be.

Make me rich – ok not really. But in a roundabout way it will, because my accountability will help me gain wealth which will make me rich in my own right.

I have attempted to start a blog in the past and failed miserably. I tried to do too much at once and adhere to posting daily. That was obviously an unreal expectation, and since I have no background in writing either, it was really difficult. So now, I’m posting when I feel like it, more likely about three times a week. I will try to keep my posts on topic, but I will throw in a random dog post (well that’s just me!).

My first task is to figure out my net worth…..


No comments:

Post a Comment